- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Charles Bass Sr.
ANNA, Ill. -- Charles E. Bass Sr., 83, of Anna died Tuesday, March 22, 2005, at Illinois Veterans Home in Anna.
He was born Oct. 7, 1921, in Jonesboro, Ill., son of Ray and Ora Watkins Bass. He and Doris Dillow were married Dec. 21, 1940, in Jackson.
Bass worked several years for Prairie Farms, and later was in the antique business.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, C.E. and Bill Bass of Anna; three daughters, Cindy Light of Murphysboro, Ill., Sally Helton and Kelle Bass of Anna; a brother, Harold Bass of Union, Mo.; a sister, Jean Bass of Anna; seven grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by an infant daughter and two brothers.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 6 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Charles Allen officiating. Burial will be in Anna City Cemetery with full military honors by Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455.