- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- James W. Clifton, 86, of Perryville died Wednesday, March 23, 2005, at Perry County Nursing Home.
He was born Feb. 9, 1919, at Menfro, Mo., son of Lonnie and Flora Schindler Clifton. He and Norma L. Fritsche were married May 19, 1945.
Clifton was a retired farmer. He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, and a 3rd Degree member of Knights of Columbus.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II.
Survivors include his wife; five daughters, Patricia Hager of Elkton, Md., Carolyn Pecaut, Linda Mattingly and Jeanine Kennon of Perryville, Diane Kennedy of Hillsboro, Mo.; five sons, James, Richard, Stephen and Robert Clifton of Perryville, Michael Clifton of Washington, Mo.; two sisters, Rita Vessell of St. Louis, Marie Gormley of Steelville, Mo.; 23 grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; and four stepgrandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. Sunday, and Monday from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. A Catholic and Knights of Columbus wake will be held at 7 Sunday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Vincent's Church, with the Rev. Kevin Fausz officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery with military graveside rites by American Legion Post 133.