- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)4
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
Softball for the Holidays
Softball for the Holidays!!!
November 21st marked the First Annual Men's Softball Tournament in Portageville to help raise money for the New Madrid County Family Resource Center's Christmas Angel Tree Project. The Christmas Angel Tree Project supports families during Christmas by purchasing gifts for needy children all throughout New Madrid County. In 2008, the project served approximately 280 children and distributed more than 30 food baskets to the families.
The First Annual Men's Softball Tournament was a huge success and raised over $1100 and donated the proceeds to the project.
A special thanks goes out to all of the softball teams and all the visitors who participated and donated in the event: Gator's Pizza, Coach Lester Vannasdall; Pemiscot Co. Softball, Coach Ben Sweet; Down 8 Softball, Coaches Jake and Cannon Bagby; Mound Pounders, Coach Jason Duke; Aftershock, Coaches Chad Cook and TJ Smith; Sonic, Coach Reif Tucker.
If you would like to donate to the Christmas Angel Tree Project please contact Tonya at the Family Resource Center @ 573-748-2708.