- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)4
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)7
Softball for the Holidays
Softball for the Holidays!!!
November 21st marked the First Annual Men's Softball Tournament in Portageville to help raise money for the New Madrid County Family Resource Center's Christmas Angel Tree Project. The Christmas Angel Tree Project supports families during Christmas by purchasing gifts for needy children all throughout New Madrid County. In 2008, the project served approximately 280 children and distributed more than 30 food baskets to the families.
The First Annual Men's Softball Tournament was a huge success and raised over $1100 and donated the proceeds to the project.
A special thanks goes out to all of the softball teams and all the visitors who participated and donated in the event: Gator's Pizza, Coach Lester Vannasdall; Pemiscot Co. Softball, Coach Ben Sweet; Down 8 Softball, Coaches Jake and Cannon Bagby; Mound Pounders, Coach Jason Duke; Aftershock, Coaches Chad Cook and TJ Smith; Sonic, Coach Reif Tucker.
If you would like to donate to the Christmas Angel Tree Project please contact Tonya at the Family Resource Center @ 573-748-2708.