- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)10
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
Softball for the Holidays
Softball for the Holidays!!!
November 21st marked the First Annual Men's Softball Tournament in Portageville to help raise money for the New Madrid County Family Resource Center's Christmas Angel Tree Project. The Christmas Angel Tree Project supports families during Christmas by purchasing gifts for needy children all throughout New Madrid County. In 2008, the project served approximately 280 children and distributed more than 30 food baskets to the families.
The First Annual Men's Softball Tournament was a huge success and raised over $1100 and donated the proceeds to the project.
A special thanks goes out to all of the softball teams and all the visitors who participated and donated in the event: Gator's Pizza, Coach Lester Vannasdall; Pemiscot Co. Softball, Coach Ben Sweet; Down 8 Softball, Coaches Jake and Cannon Bagby; Mound Pounders, Coach Jason Duke; Aftershock, Coaches Chad Cook and TJ Smith; Sonic, Coach Reif Tucker.
If you would like to donate to the Christmas Angel Tree Project please contact Tonya at the Family Resource Center @ 573-748-2708.