- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
Softball for the Holidays
Softball for the Holidays!!!
November 21st marked the First Annual Men's Softball Tournament in Portageville to help raise money for the New Madrid County Family Resource Center's Christmas Angel Tree Project. The Christmas Angel Tree Project supports families during Christmas by purchasing gifts for needy children all throughout New Madrid County. In 2008, the project served approximately 280 children and distributed more than 30 food baskets to the families.
The First Annual Men's Softball Tournament was a huge success and raised over $1100 and donated the proceeds to the project.
A special thanks goes out to all of the softball teams and all the visitors who participated and donated in the event: Gator's Pizza, Coach Lester Vannasdall; Pemiscot Co. Softball, Coach Ben Sweet; Down 8 Softball, Coaches Jake and Cannon Bagby; Mound Pounders, Coach Jason Duke; Aftershock, Coaches Chad Cook and TJ Smith; Sonic, Coach Reif Tucker.
If you would like to donate to the Christmas Angel Tree Project please contact Tonya at the Family Resource Center @ 573-748-2708.