- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)5
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)47
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)7
Let's all be part of litter solution
To the editor:
It is encouraging to see so many comments about the litter problem plaguing our area. We live in a beautiful area which is marred by this unsightly mess. Even with stiffer penalties for violators and educating our youngsters, I believe this will always be a problem to some degree. Let's face it. We all know it is not our "job" to pick up after someone else. Unfortunately, as long as there are people, there will be trashy people.
How about killing two birds with one stone? Since two-thirds of Americans are overweight, why not take a trash bag and go for a walk in your neighborhood and pick up some of the trash? We'll be doing ourselves and the environment some good.
We can talk about the litter problem, but why not be proactive at the same time? Let's all clean up Cape Girardeau.
DALE HUMPHRIES, Cape Girardeau