- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
Let's all be part of litter solution
To the editor:
It is encouraging to see so many comments about the litter problem plaguing our area. We live in a beautiful area which is marred by this unsightly mess. Even with stiffer penalties for violators and educating our youngsters, I believe this will always be a problem to some degree. Let's face it. We all know it is not our "job" to pick up after someone else. Unfortunately, as long as there are people, there will be trashy people.
How about killing two birds with one stone? Since two-thirds of Americans are overweight, why not take a trash bag and go for a walk in your neighborhood and pick up some of the trash? We'll be doing ourselves and the environment some good.
We can talk about the litter problem, but why not be proactive at the same time? Let's all clean up Cape Girardeau.
DALE HUMPHRIES, Cape Girardeau