- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Let's all be part of litter solution
To the editor:
It is encouraging to see so many comments about the litter problem plaguing our area. We live in a beautiful area which is marred by this unsightly mess. Even with stiffer penalties for violators and educating our youngsters, I believe this will always be a problem to some degree. Let's face it. We all know it is not our "job" to pick up after someone else. Unfortunately, as long as there are people, there will be trashy people.
How about killing two birds with one stone? Since two-thirds of Americans are overweight, why not take a trash bag and go for a walk in your neighborhood and pick up some of the trash? We'll be doing ourselves and the environment some good.
We can talk about the litter problem, but why not be proactive at the same time? Let's all clean up Cape Girardeau.
DALE HUMPHRIES, Cape Girardeau