- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)25
Let's all be part of litter solution
To the editor:
It is encouraging to see so many comments about the litter problem plaguing our area. We live in a beautiful area which is marred by this unsightly mess. Even with stiffer penalties for violators and educating our youngsters, I believe this will always be a problem to some degree. Let's face it. We all know it is not our "job" to pick up after someone else. Unfortunately, as long as there are people, there will be trashy people.
How about killing two birds with one stone? Since two-thirds of Americans are overweight, why not take a trash bag and go for a walk in your neighborhood and pick up some of the trash? We'll be doing ourselves and the environment some good.
We can talk about the litter problem, but why not be proactive at the same time? Let's all clean up Cape Girardeau.
DALE HUMPHRIES, Cape Girardeau