- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CAIRO, Ill. -- Blanche Beeler, 89, of Cairo died Sunday, Nov. 29, 2009, at DayStar Center in Cairo.
She was born Feb. 25, 1920, in Cairo to Thomas A. and Belle Etheridge Gardner. She married William Beeler on Aug. 20, 1938.
She was a member of the Mighty Rivers Worship Center.
Survivors include her husband, of Cairo; two daughters, Peggy Klein of Cairo and Marsha Huddleston of Drestrahan, La.; a son, the Rev. Thomas (Julia) Beeler of Sikeston, Mo.; three granddaughters, Amy (Mike) Farrow of Cairo, Laura (Kyle) Hunter of Cape Girardeau and Rebecca Huddleston of Louisiana; three grandsons, Bryan (Tina) Klein of Mount Vernon, Ill., Robbie and Josh Huddleston, both of Louisiana; 12 great-grandchildren; a great-great-granddaughter; nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents; five sisters, Ludene Edwards, Ruth Stack, Reba Vandover, Grace Greaney, Betty Wettman and a brother, in infancy, Gene Morris Gardner.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at Mighty Rivers Worship Center.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at Mighty Rivers Worship Center in Cairo, with the Rev. Larry Potts officiating.
Interment will be in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens in Villa Ridge, Ill.
Memorials may be made to DayStar Care Center or Mighty Rivers Worship Center and will be accepted at the church.
Crain Funeral Home in Tamms is in charge of arrangements.
To leave online condolences, visit www.crainsonline.com.