- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
OLIVE BRANCH, Ill. -- Ruth C. Blakemore, 94, of Olive Branch died Saturday, Nov. 28, 2009, at Daystar Care Center in Cairo, Ill.
She was born Oct. 13, 1915, in Reynoldsville, Ill., to Henry and Alice Belcher Kinder. She married Joe Blakemore on Oct. 31, 1936. He died Sept. 2, 2008.
Blakemore was a member of the Olive Branch Methodist Church, the Home Extension and the WSCS Garden Club. She also loved to work in her rose garden and she was a homemaker.
She is survived by two sons, Dick (Doreen) Blakemore of Noblesville, Ind., and Frank (Mary) Blakemore of Olive Branch; four grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and nieces, nephews and other relatives.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Joe Blakemore; and a sister, Mary Rader Quarles.
Visitation will be from noon to 2 p.m. Tuesday at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Dick Blakemore officiating. Interment will be in Jonesboro Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to the Hospice of Southern Illinois and will be accepted at the funeral home.
To leave online condolences, visit www.crainsonline.com.