- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Tigers suffer first loss in tourney
SOUTH PADRE ISLAND, Texas -- David Gonzalvez scored 18 points to lead Richmond to a thrilling 59-52 win over Missouri on Saturday night to clinch the South Padre Island Invitational.
Gonzalvez gave the Spiders (6-1) the lead for good with a 3-pointer from the top of the key with a little more than four minutes remaining.
The Tigers (4-1) kept it close after that, even pulling within two points when Laurence Bowers hit a shot with eight seconds left to make it 54-52.
However, after being fouled, Kevin Anderson hit two free throws with four seconds left to give Richmond some breathing room. He scored 14 points overall.
Anderson, who also hit the winning shot against Mississippi State the night before, was named the tournament's most valuable player.
Sophomore guard Kim English led the Tigers off the bench with 14 points.