- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Jackson couple injured in 4-car accident
A Jackson couple was injured Friday evening in a four-car accident in Jefferson County, Mo., according to a report from the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
Jolene A. Hancock, 31, was driving with Christopher W. Hancock, 34, and a 10-year-old boy in their 2009 Toyota Tundra when they stopped on the right shoulder of Interstate 55 near the 188.6 mile marker, a patrol accident report said.
Their vehicle was struck when a 2007 Hyundai Elantra driven by Melina Clark, 16, of Imperial, Mo., ran off the road and hit the Hancock's sport utility vehicle from behind. That sent the Tundra into traffic, where it was hit by a 2010 Peterbilt tractor driven by Roger R. McIrvin, 54, of Pensacola, Fla., and struck a third time by a 1993 Ford Explorer driven by Joshua L. Cheli, 30, of Litchfield, Ill.
Christopher Hancock suffered moderate injuries, while Jolene Hancock was listed as suffering serious injuries by the highway patrol. Clark suffered moderate injuries and Cheli's injuries were listed as serious.
The 10-year-old boy was not hurt.