- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
OLIVE BRANCH, Ill. -- Ruth C. Blakemore, 94, of Olive Branch died Saturday, Nov. 28, 2009, at Daystar Care Center in Cairo, Ill.
She was born Oct. 13, 1915, in Reynoldsville, Ill., to Henry and Alice Belcher Kinder. She married Joe Blakemore on Oct. 31, 1936. He died Sept. 2, 2008.
Blakemore was a member of the Olive Branch Methodist Church, the Home Extension and the WSCS Garden Club. She also loved to work in her rose garden and she was a homemaker.
She is survived by two sons, Dick (Doreen) Blakemore of Noblesville, Ind., and Frank (Mary) Blakemore of Olive Branch; four grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and nieces, nephews and other relatives.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Joe Blakemore; and a sister, Mary Rader Quarles.
Visitation will be from noon to 2 p.m. Tuesday at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill.
The funeral will be held at 2 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Dick Blakemore officiating. Interment will be in Jonesboro Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to the Hospice of Southern Illinois and will be accepted at the funeral home.
To leave online condolences, visit www.crainsonline.com.