- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Ivalea M. Bates (nee Brandes), age 73, fell asleep in Jesus on Wednesday, Nov. 25, 2009, at her residence in St. Louis County.
Mrs. Bates was born and raised in Uniontown, Mo.
Beloved wife of the late Doyle W. Bates; dear mother of Donald W. Bates and Susan M. (Dennis) Dickens; dear grandmother of Daniel and the late Sherry Dickens; dear daughter of the late William and Ida (nee Rodewald) Brandes; dear sister of Wilma Hopfer (nee Hoehn) and the late Herbert W. Brandes; dear aunt, cousin and friend to many.
Visitation will be from 2 to 8 p.m. today at Baumann Colonial Chapel, 2504 Woodson Road, Overland, Mo.
The funeral will be at noon Monday, with visitation one hour prior at Our Redeemer Lutheran Church, 9135 Shelley Ave., Overland.
Interment at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to the church or American Heart Association. Share condolences and memories at www.baumannchapel.com.