- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Excellent response to HELP
Thanks and kudos to your newspaper and editorial staff for the professional assistance and support given to our church outreach program, Hospital Equipment Loan Program (HELP). The article showcasing our efforts was well-done, accurate and interesting. Shortly after the article appeared, we received and were able to fulfill several requests for needed medical equipment, hospital beds, bathroom equipment and walkers. We also receive a number of donations as a result of the publicity the article provided. It seems the biggest challenge we face is making people aware this program is available. The exposure provided by your newspaper has helped a lot.
I also owe thanks and praise to Fred in the want-ad department. The ad in the "Free for the taking" section has brought many people to us both to receive and to donate equipment. This week we are supplying four adjustable hospital beds and other items to people in need who responded to the Southeast Missourian ad. We are also donating two beds to the Revival Center in Jackson. This is a local housing provider for the Salvation Army. This has been a busy week.
Again, thanks for your continuing support.
BILL SPARKS, H.E.L.P. Coordinator, Maple United Methodist Church, Cape Girardeau