- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)19
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)10
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
Excellent response to HELP
Thanks and kudos to your newspaper and editorial staff for the professional assistance and support given to our church outreach program, Hospital Equipment Loan Program (HELP). The article showcasing our efforts was well-done, accurate and interesting. Shortly after the article appeared, we received and were able to fulfill several requests for needed medical equipment, hospital beds, bathroom equipment and walkers. We also receive a number of donations as a result of the publicity the article provided. It seems the biggest challenge we face is making people aware this program is available. The exposure provided by your newspaper has helped a lot.
I also owe thanks and praise to Fred in the want-ad department. The ad in the "Free for the taking" section has brought many people to us both to receive and to donate equipment. This week we are supplying four adjustable hospital beds and other items to people in need who responded to the Southeast Missourian ad. We are also donating two beds to the Revival Center in Jackson. This is a local housing provider for the Salvation Army. This has been a busy week.
Again, thanks for your continuing support.
BILL SPARKS, H.E.L.P. Coordinator, Maple United Methodist Church, Cape Girardeau