- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)22
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Excellent response to HELP
Thanks and kudos to your newspaper and editorial staff for the professional assistance and support given to our church outreach program, Hospital Equipment Loan Program (HELP). The article showcasing our efforts was well-done, accurate and interesting. Shortly after the article appeared, we received and were able to fulfill several requests for needed medical equipment, hospital beds, bathroom equipment and walkers. We also receive a number of donations as a result of the publicity the article provided. It seems the biggest challenge we face is making people aware this program is available. The exposure provided by your newspaper has helped a lot.
I also owe thanks and praise to Fred in the want-ad department. The ad in the "Free for the taking" section has brought many people to us both to receive and to donate equipment. This week we are supplying four adjustable hospital beds and other items to people in need who responded to the Southeast Missourian ad. We are also donating two beds to the Revival Center in Jackson. This is a local housing provider for the Salvation Army. This has been a busy week.
Again, thanks for your continuing support.
BILL SPARKS, H.E.L.P. Coordinator, Maple United Methodist Church, Cape Girardeau