- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
Excellent response to HELP
Thanks and kudos to your newspaper and editorial staff for the professional assistance and support given to our church outreach program, Hospital Equipment Loan Program (HELP). The article showcasing our efforts was well-done, accurate and interesting. Shortly after the article appeared, we received and were able to fulfill several requests for needed medical equipment, hospital beds, bathroom equipment and walkers. We also receive a number of donations as a result of the publicity the article provided. It seems the biggest challenge we face is making people aware this program is available. The exposure provided by your newspaper has helped a lot.
I also owe thanks and praise to Fred in the want-ad department. The ad in the "Free for the taking" section has brought many people to us both to receive and to donate equipment. This week we are supplying four adjustable hospital beds and other items to people in need who responded to the Southeast Missourian ad. We are also donating two beds to the Revival Center in Jackson. This is a local housing provider for the Salvation Army. This has been a busy week.
Again, thanks for your continuing support.
BILL SPARKS, H.E.L.P. Coordinator, Maple United Methodist Church, Cape Girardeau