- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Judge denies order of protection for woman accusing deputy of stalking her (6/23/18)5
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- Stooges in Jackson under new ownership (6/23/18)
- Poplar Bluff nail manufacturer gets hammered by new tariffs on steel (6/22/18)7
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Scott County Sheriff Wes Drury responds to issue involving deputy (6/23/18)2
- Neal Boyd blessed us all with his God-given talent (6/19/18)
Excellent response to HELP
Thanks and kudos to your newspaper and editorial staff for the professional assistance and support given to our church outreach program, Hospital Equipment Loan Program (HELP). The article showcasing our efforts was well-done, accurate and interesting. Shortly after the article appeared, we received and were able to fulfill several requests for needed medical equipment, hospital beds, bathroom equipment and walkers. We also receive a number of donations as a result of the publicity the article provided. It seems the biggest challenge we face is making people aware this program is available. The exposure provided by your newspaper has helped a lot.
I also owe thanks and praise to Fred in the want-ad department. The ad in the "Free for the taking" section has brought many people to us both to receive and to donate equipment. This week we are supplying four adjustable hospital beds and other items to people in need who responded to the Southeast Missourian ad. We are also donating two beds to the Revival Center in Jackson. This is a local housing provider for the Salvation Army. This has been a busy week.
Again, thanks for your continuing support.
BILL SPARKS, H.E.L.P. Coordinator, Maple United Methodist Church, Cape Girardeau