- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
DEXTER, Mo. -- Dixie Hughes, 91, of Dexter died Monday, March 21, 2005, at Cypress Point Nursing Center.
She was born Aug. 29, 1913, at Morley, Mo., daughter of John Wesley and Ida Lillian Moore Dillon. She and James T. Hughes were married Oct. 21, 1930, at Bloomfield, Mo. He died March 9, 1997.
Hughes lived in Gray Ridge, Mo., many years, moving to Dexter in 1966. She was a member of Second General Baptist Church in Dexter.
Survivors include a daughter, Louise Yeakey of O'Fallon, Mo.; three sons, Bill Hughes of Dexter, Bob Hughes of Warrior, Ala., Jerry Hughes of Cape Girardeau; 11 grandchildren; 16 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, a brother and a sister.
Friends may call at Watkins and Sons Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jimmie Trotter officiating. Burial will be in Bloomfield Cemetery at Bloomfield.