- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
CAIRO, Ill. -- Janie R. Bass, 61, of rural Cairo died Tuesday, March 22, 2005, at her home.
She was born Aug. 24, 1943, in McConley, Tenn., daughter of William French and Iva Louise Baker Tyler. She was a member of God's House in Villa Ridge, Ill.
Survivors include a daughter, Ivy Cripps of Cairo; her mother, Louise Tyler of Mounds, Ill.; six brothers, Donnie Webb of Tamms, Ill., James Webb of Marion, Ill., Mike Webb of Fancy Farm, Ky., Danny Butler and Dale Butler, both of Mounds, Eddie Butler of East Cape Girardeau, Ill.; five grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
Friends may call after 9:30 a.m. Monday at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev Harley Showalters officiating. Private burial will follow at a later date in Wickliffe Cemetery at Wickliffe, Ky.