- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Southeast men sweep weekly OVC track honors
Southeast Missouri State swept the Ohio Valley Conference outdoor male track and field athlete of the week awards on Tuesday after the Redhawks opened their outdoor season over the weekend.
Brian Whitehead was named the track athlete of the week after he won the 10,000-meter run at the Alabama Relays with a time of 32 minutes and 14.58 seconds, which is the best in the OVC this season.
Jason Theodorakos was the field athlete of the week after he won the javelin at the Rhodes (Tenn.) Invitational with a throw of 189 feet, 11 inches, which is the top distance in the OVC this season. Theodorakos is a former baseball player at Southeast.
Southeast has this weekend off before hosting its annual Gatorade Classic April 1 and 2.
Golf places sixth
Southeast's golf team placed sixth among 12 squads during the rain-shortened Grub Mart Intercollegiate hosted by Jacksonville (Ala.) State. Severe weather forced the cancellation of Tuesday's final round.
Jacksonville State won with a 36-hole score of 566, ahead of Tennessee Tech (569), Tennessee State (576), Murray State (582), Samford (583) and Southeast (586).
Two Southeast players finished among the top 20. Zack Decker tied for eighth at 1-under-par 143, while Matt Hillis tied for 15th at 2-over 145. The best score was 138.