- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Stoddard County law enforcement authorities investigate shooting
SIKESTON, Mo. -- William A. Morgan, 91, of Sikeston died Saturday, March 19, 2005, at Missouri Delta Medical Center.
He was born March 23, 1913, in Polk County, Ark., son of William Sherman and Presh Bolin Morgan. He and Lillian Estell Satterfield were married Aug. 22, 1932. She died May 23, 1992. He and Glenell "Nan" Curtis were married July 5, 2000.
Morgan retired as a section foreman with Frisco Railroad. He was a member of Parker Memorial Pentecostal Holiness Church and Brotherhood of Maintenance Way Employees.
Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Marilyn Abbott and Lula Bosworth of Memphis, Tenn., Annette Evans of Sikeston; 11 grandchildren; 12 great-grandchildren; and seven great-great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son and a daughter.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. today at Ponder Funeral Home, with the Rev. Joseph Hooper officiating. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery.