- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Rev. Jesse Bellamy
OLMSTED, Ill. -- The Rev. Jesse Bellamy, 90, of Olmsted died Sunday, March 21, 2005, at Day Star Care Center in Cairo, Ill.
He was born June 10, 1914, in Karnak, Ill., son of John and Cora Campbell Bellamy. He and Vera Bankson were married April 16, 1940.
Bellamy was a Methodist minister more than 20 years. He was a member of Caledonia Lodge 47 AF&AM and Order of Eastern Star.
He was a sergeant in the U.S. Army Air Corps.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Helen Holm of Springfield, Ill.; three grandsons; and a great-grandson.
He was preceded in death by three brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call at Crain Funeral Home in Ullin, Ill., from 5 to 8 p.m. today. Masonic rites will be at 7:30.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with Peter Ryan officiating. Burial will be in Liberty Cemetery.