- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Loren Mayberry Jr.
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Loren Mayberry Jr., 80, of Pontotoc, Miss., died Tuesday, March 15, 2005, in Pontotoc Hospital Extended Care Unit.
He was born Nov. 26, 1924, in Reynoldsville, Ill., son of Loren and Esther Smith Mayberry Sr.
Mayberry was a heavy equipment operator. He was a lifetime member of Operating Engineers International Union Local 105.
He served two tours of duty as a corporal with the U.S. Army 380th Combat Engineer Battalion.
Survivors include a sister, Lorene Benefield of Jonesboro; three daughters, Doris White of Eugene, Ore., Cheryle Tinkes of Antioch, Ill., Lori McKnight of Pontotoc; three stepsons, Barry and Terry Boone of Winthrop Harbor, Ill., Gary Boone of Pontotoc; 13 grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Thursday at Valley Mission Church near Jonesboro, with Billy Freeman officiating. Burial will be in Valley Mission Cemetery.
There will be a gathering after the service in the church fellowship hall.
Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc was in charge of arrangements..