- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
- Jackson elementary students try to help others with 'kindness boxes' (11/6/17)1
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Chantelle Becking strives to make a difference through her family and community (11/10/17)
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- Cape County boy writes letter, hears from President Donald Trump (11/10/17)
- Medical marijuana may go to voters for decision (11/8/17)4
- Fourth-grade teacher Andrea Cox teaches students how to code, adapt to new technology (11/10/17)
Loren Mayberry Jr.
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Loren Mayberry Jr., 80, of Pontotoc, Miss., died Tuesday, March 15, 2005, in Pontotoc Hospital Extended Care Unit.
He was born Nov. 26, 1924, in Reynoldsville, Ill., son of Loren and Esther Smith Mayberry Sr.
Mayberry was a heavy equipment operator. He was a lifetime member of Operating Engineers International Union Local 105.
He served two tours of duty as a corporal with the U.S. Army 380th Combat Engineer Battalion.
Survivors include a sister, Lorene Benefield of Jonesboro; three daughters, Doris White of Eugene, Ore., Cheryle Tinkes of Antioch, Ill., Lori McKnight of Pontotoc; three stepsons, Barry and Terry Boone of Winthrop Harbor, Ill., Gary Boone of Pontotoc; 13 grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Thursday at Valley Mission Church near Jonesboro, with Billy Freeman officiating. Burial will be in Valley Mission Cemetery.
There will be a gathering after the service in the church fellowship hall.
Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc was in charge of arrangements..