- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Loren Mayberry Jr.
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Loren Mayberry Jr., 80, of Pontotoc, Miss., died Tuesday, March 15, 2005, in Pontotoc Hospital Extended Care Unit.
He was born Nov. 26, 1924, in Reynoldsville, Ill., son of Loren and Esther Smith Mayberry Sr.
Mayberry was a heavy equipment operator. He was a lifetime member of Operating Engineers International Union Local 105.
He served two tours of duty as a corporal with the U.S. Army 380th Combat Engineer Battalion.
Survivors include a sister, Lorene Benefield of Jonesboro; three daughters, Doris White of Eugene, Ore., Cheryle Tinkes of Antioch, Ill., Lori McKnight of Pontotoc; three stepsons, Barry and Terry Boone of Winthrop Harbor, Ill., Gary Boone of Pontotoc; 13 grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Thursday at Valley Mission Church near Jonesboro, with Billy Freeman officiating. Burial will be in Valley Mission Cemetery.
There will be a gathering after the service in the church fellowship hall.
Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc was in charge of arrangements..