- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Loren Mayberry Jr.
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Loren Mayberry Jr., 80, of Pontotoc, Miss., died Tuesday, March 15, 2005, in Pontotoc Hospital Extended Care Unit.
He was born Nov. 26, 1924, in Reynoldsville, Ill., son of Loren and Esther Smith Mayberry Sr.
Mayberry was a heavy equipment operator. He was a lifetime member of Operating Engineers International Union Local 105.
He served two tours of duty as a corporal with the U.S. Army 380th Combat Engineer Battalion.
Survivors include a sister, Lorene Benefield of Jonesboro; three daughters, Doris White of Eugene, Ore., Cheryle Tinkes of Antioch, Ill., Lori McKnight of Pontotoc; three stepsons, Barry and Terry Boone of Winthrop Harbor, Ill., Gary Boone of Pontotoc; 13 grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Thursday at Valley Mission Church near Jonesboro, with Billy Freeman officiating. Burial will be in Valley Mission Cemetery.
There will be a gathering after the service in the church fellowship hall.
Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc was in charge of arrangements..