- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
Old Town Cape's Downtown Christmas Open House
Old Town Cape is hosting its annual Downtown Christmas Open House on Friday, December 4 from 6 to 9 pm.
Attractions include great holiday shopping and special in store events, free carriage rides, free pictures with Santa (sponsored by The Bank of Missouri), children's activities in Santa's Workshop, caroling, and a $1500 DOWNTOWN SHOPPING SPREE.
To compete for the $1500 downtown shopping spree stamps from 10 participating locations must be collected on an official entry form. Once 10 stamps have been collected, entry forms can be submitted at any of the participating locations to be entered into the drawing. The winner will be announced on Tuesday, December 8 and will receive $1500 in downtown dollars to spend at any of the thirteen participating locations.
Beginning at 6 pm on Friday, December 4 official entry forms can be found at C.P. McGinty Jewelers, Brown's Shoe Fit Co, Arts Council of Southeast Missouri, Hutson's Fine Furniture, Buckner Brewing Co, Renaissance, Patricia Ann's, Lang Jewelry & Fine Gifts, Jayson Jewelers, Annie Em's, Glitz-N-Glamour, Zickfield's Jewelers & Gifts, and Kids Wear Again. Stamps can be collected at all locations from 6 to 9 pm Friday night.
The Downtown Christmas Open House and downtown holiday decorations are made possible by Christmas in Old Town Cape sponsors including Star sponsor Broadway Prescription Shop and Santa's Elves sponsors Bella Italia, Drury Southwest and Rhodes 101.
Old Town Cape is a nationally accredited Main Street Program that works to build a downtown community that cherishes its past and is an economically viable district in which the citizens of Cape Girardeau can live, work and play.