- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
Old Town Cape's Downtown Christmas Open House
Old Town Cape is hosting its annual Downtown Christmas Open House on Friday, December 4 from 6 to 9 pm.
Attractions include great holiday shopping and special in store events, free carriage rides, free pictures with Santa (sponsored by The Bank of Missouri), children's activities in Santa's Workshop, caroling, and a $1500 DOWNTOWN SHOPPING SPREE.
To compete for the $1500 downtown shopping spree stamps from 10 participating locations must be collected on an official entry form. Once 10 stamps have been collected, entry forms can be submitted at any of the participating locations to be entered into the drawing. The winner will be announced on Tuesday, December 8 and will receive $1500 in downtown dollars to spend at any of the thirteen participating locations.
Beginning at 6 pm on Friday, December 4 official entry forms can be found at C.P. McGinty Jewelers, Brown's Shoe Fit Co, Arts Council of Southeast Missouri, Hutson's Fine Furniture, Buckner Brewing Co, Renaissance, Patricia Ann's, Lang Jewelry & Fine Gifts, Jayson Jewelers, Annie Em's, Glitz-N-Glamour, Zickfield's Jewelers & Gifts, and Kids Wear Again. Stamps can be collected at all locations from 6 to 9 pm Friday night.
The Downtown Christmas Open House and downtown holiday decorations are made possible by Christmas in Old Town Cape sponsors including Star sponsor Broadway Prescription Shop and Santa's Elves sponsors Bella Italia, Drury Southwest and Rhodes 101.
Old Town Cape is a nationally accredited Main Street Program that works to build a downtown community that cherishes its past and is an economically viable district in which the citizens of Cape Girardeau can live, work and play.