- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Old Town Cape's Downtown Christmas Open House
Old Town Cape is hosting its annual Downtown Christmas Open House on Friday, December 4 from 6 to 9 pm.
Attractions include great holiday shopping and special in store events, free carriage rides, free pictures with Santa (sponsored by The Bank of Missouri), children's activities in Santa's Workshop, caroling, and a $1500 DOWNTOWN SHOPPING SPREE.
To compete for the $1500 downtown shopping spree stamps from 10 participating locations must be collected on an official entry form. Once 10 stamps have been collected, entry forms can be submitted at any of the participating locations to be entered into the drawing. The winner will be announced on Tuesday, December 8 and will receive $1500 in downtown dollars to spend at any of the thirteen participating locations.
Beginning at 6 pm on Friday, December 4 official entry forms can be found at C.P. McGinty Jewelers, Brown's Shoe Fit Co, Arts Council of Southeast Missouri, Hutson's Fine Furniture, Buckner Brewing Co, Renaissance, Patricia Ann's, Lang Jewelry & Fine Gifts, Jayson Jewelers, Annie Em's, Glitz-N-Glamour, Zickfield's Jewelers & Gifts, and Kids Wear Again. Stamps can be collected at all locations from 6 to 9 pm Friday night.
The Downtown Christmas Open House and downtown holiday decorations are made possible by Christmas in Old Town Cape sponsors including Star sponsor Broadway Prescription Shop and Santa's Elves sponsors Bella Italia, Drury Southwest and Rhodes 101.
Old Town Cape is a nationally accredited Main Street Program that works to build a downtown community that cherishes its past and is an economically viable district in which the citizens of Cape Girardeau can live, work and play.