Cape City Council action 3/22/05
Tuesday, March 22, 2005
CAPE GIRARDEAU CITY COUNCIL ACTION
* Rescheduled presentation to be made to John Wyman
* Graduates of the Citizens Police Academy recognized
* Held a public hearing to consider vacating the city's interest in a sewer line located within the alley which runs from Houck Place to Matteson Terrace Subdivision.
(Second and third readings)
* Vacated the city's interest in a sanitary sewer easement located in Charleston Estates Subdivision.
* Vacated an alley running north from Houck Place to Matteson Terrace Subdivision.
* Granted a special-use permit to Steve and Mary LeGrand and BAC Enterprises to construct and operate an apartment building at 514 Amethyst St.
* Amended the definition of massage shop relating to massage therapists.
* Authorized the issuance of special tax bills for the demolition of dangerous buildings.
* Authorized the acquisition of property for the improvement of Broadway from Perry Avenue to Houck Place.
* Approved the record plat of Arbor Heights Third Addition.
* Accepted permanent sanitary sewer easements from various property owners for the relocation of a sanitary sewer at 2536 and 2538 Masters Drive.
* Accepted a temporary construction easement from AmerenUE for the improvement of Commercial Street.
* Accepted general warranty deeds and a temporary construction easement from various property owners for the improvement of Broadway between Perry Avenue and Houck Place.
* Approved an agreement with the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission for improvements on U.S. 61 from the Cape Girardeau city limits to Interstate 55.
* Approved placement of a yield sign on Leming Lane at its intersection with Merriwether Street.
* Vacated a sanitary sewer line located within an alley which runs from Houck Place to Matteson Terrace Subdivision.
* Approved the record plat of Blattner Drive Fourth West Minor Subdivision.
* Accepted sanitary sewer, utility and access easements from various property owners for sanitary sewers to serve Whispering Oaks Subdivision and The Meadows of Whispering Oaks Subdivision.
* Directed the city manager to make recommendations to the U.S. Department of Transportation regarding commuter service at the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport.
* Approved a contract with Fronabarger Concreters Inc. for the Commercial Street reconstruction project.
* Authorized the filing of all necessary documents with the Missouri Department of Natural Resources, State Revolving Fund Program for loans under the Missouri Safe Drinking Water Law.
* Approved a T-hangar rental agreement with Don and Trish Pauley at the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport.
* Adopted the fiscal 2005-2010 capital improvements program.
* Appointed Ralph Maxton to the Planning and Zoning Commission.
* Reappointed Scott House, David Rutherford and Jerry Lee Westbrook to the Historic Preservation Commission.
* Granted conditional approval of an original package liquor license for Pajco Inc. d/b/a Rhodes 101 Stop, 1620 N. Kingshighway.
* Approved a temporary 5 percent beer by-the-drink license for the Humane Society of Southeast Missouri for an event to be held April 16 at the Arena Building.
* Approved a retail liquor by the drink and Sunday sales license for Jerel Lichtenegger, d/b/a Taqueria Fiesta Mexicana, 3049 William St., Suite 115.
* Approved the preliminary plat of Orchard Park Subdivision.
* Accepted into the city's system the Clark Avenue sewer improvements and authorized final payment.
* Approved the improvement plans for street, sewers and detention basin serving Coyote Creek Estates Subdivision.