- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Power goes down again at Southeast Missouri State University; restored few hours later
Southeast Missouri State University is reporting that power was again lost to the entire campus at 2:05 a.m. this morning and was restored by Facilities Management employees by 5 a.m.
The university stated that blown fuses in the switchyard were cause for the outage.
Generators provided backup emergency power during the outage.
The Cape Girardeau Fire Department assisted the University's Department of Public Safety.