- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Hazel Luebbers, 94, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Nov. 21, 2009, at her home.
She was born Dec. 20, 1914, in Delta, daughter of Patrick and Iva Clubb Stoffel.
She and Winefared Daniel Luebbers were married Nov. 4, 1933, at Benton, Mo. He preceded her in death Jan. 6, 1993.
She loved going fishing and spending time in the outdoors. She was a member of Red Star Baptist Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Shirley (Charles) Drury of St. Louis; two sons, Bob (Sylvia) Luebbers of Cape Girardeau and Jack (Cindy) Luebbers of Jackson; 14 grandchildren, Chuck (Michelle) Drury of St. Louis, Jeanie (Norman) Tanner of Cape Girardeau, Joanie Drury of Scott City, Tim (Cindy) Drury of St. Louis, Janice (Jack) Ruopp of Cape Girardeau, Jennifer Drury of Cape Girardeau, Jackie (Mitch) Pollvogt of St. Louis, Madonna (Joe) Armstrong of Brinkley, Ark., Dewanna Stoops of Cape Girardeau, Kimberly Luebbers of Jackson, Bobby Luebbers Jr. of Cape Girardeau, Rebecca (Charles) Sullivan of Jackson, Tyler (Jackie) Luebbers of Jackson and Robyn (Shawn) Nesler of Cape Girardeau; 39 great-grandchildren; and eight great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, three brothers, three sisters, a great-grandson, a great-granddaughter, and great-great-grandaughter.
A private visitation and funeral will be held at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel.
Burial will be at Cape County Memorial Park Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN, 38105.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.