- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Cape Girardeau school board OKs salary schedule
Members of the Cape Girardeau School Board approved a salary schedule Monday night for the 2005-2006 year that places teachers at the level of pay they would have received if salaries had not been frozen for the current year.
As part of districtwide budget cuts, the school board voted to freeze salaries last year so that teachers and other employees did not move up a step on the district salary schedule.
For the upcoming year, that redundant step has been removed and staff members will now receive the appropriate raise they would have received next year had salaries not been frozen.
However, the recommendation does not include any increase to the base salary for next year, which officials said would require additional revenue.
In other business, the school board:
* Approved an amendment to the 2004-2005 budget.
* Authorized waterline and construction easements to the city of Cape Girardeau.
* Approved the 2006-2007 school calendar.