- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Food needed for holiday dinner
The Salvation Army serves Thanksgiving dinner every year to people who need it. This year, dinner will be at noon to 2 p.m. Thursday, at the Salvation Army. The organization still needs the following items: aluminum foil and pans, paper towels and plastic cutlery, plates with dividers, carry-out containers, cups, bowls, small plates, plastic wrap, instant mashed potato mix, hams, gravy mix, brown/serve rolls, coffee, tea, sweet potatoes or yams. Donations can be dropped of at the Salvation Army.
January basketball trip planned
The Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department has planned a January trip to Memphis, Tenn., to watch a Grizzlies basketball game against the Phoenix Suns. Transportation and ticket are $60. The game starts at 4:30 p.m., Jan 18. The bus will leave at 11:30 a.m. from the Osage Community Centre and arrive back in Cape Girardeau by 10 p.m. Call 339-6340 to reserve a spot.
Environmental contest seeks entries
Entries are now being sought for the 2009 President's Environmental Youth Awards, which recognize individuals, school classes and youth organizations for protecting the nation's air, water and land. The program is open to students in Iowa, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska. To enter, send information about a program or event you participated in or have planned that teaches about the environment and how to protect it. Projects must be postmarked by Dec. 31. For more information, go to www.epa.gov/enviroed/peya/index.html.