- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Missouri-Kentucky ferry closed until next week
EAST PRAIRIE, Mo. - The Dorena-Hickman Ferry is expected remain closed through at least Tuesday.
The ferry boat and barge are in dry dock at Wickliffe for maintenance and a U.S. Coast Guard inspection.
The Dorena-Hickman Ferry connects KY 1354 at Hickman, Ky., with Missouri Route A and Route 77 near Dorena.
The Dorena-Hickman Ferry operates from the Hickman Landing during daylight hours seven days a week, except Christmas Day. Passage for passenger vehicles is $12 with additional tolls for trucks based on size.
Missouri and Kentucky enjoy the geographic distinction of being the only border states that are not directly connected by a road. The only direct route between the two states is the Dorena-Hickman Ferry. For more info on the Ferry and a schedule of operating hours go to http://www.dorena-hickmanferryboat.com.