- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Main, High streets in Uptown Jackson reopened
Traffic reopened Friday at Main and South High streets in Jackson after work on crosswalk improvements closed that section of roadway for five days.
According to a new release from the City of Jackson, most of the work by Kluesner Construction crews was complete by 1 p.m. Friday. The improvements are part of the uptown historic district renovation project that includes historic lighting, benches, bike racks, trash receptacles and additional parking on High Street.