- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Business memo 03/21/05
Regions ranks nationally as small business lender
Regions Financial Corp. has for the fourth year in a row been ranked one of the top small business-friendly financial services providers in the country by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Regions, one of the nation's top 15 financial services providers, placed third in the category of small business lending by large banks and bank holding companies in an SBA study of 2002-2003. Small business lending is defined as business loans of less than $1 million. The study, released this month, ranks the 67 largest banks and bank holding companies (those with more than $10 billion in assets) from which small businesses were most successful in obtaining loans.
"Our vision at Regions is to help our customers and communities realize their dreams," said Doug Watson, president of Regions in southeast Missouri. "The dream of owning one's own business is one we are especially proud to be able to help make come true, because small business is the lifeblood of American commerce."