- Sister: Shooting victim died a hero (9/30/16)14
- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)30
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville couple arrested on felony drug charges after sting operation (9/29/16)
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
Help children through Toybox
As we enter into another holiday season, the Jaycees are busy preparing for the 2009 Toybox project. For many years, we have been collecting and distributing toys to children in the area. Delivering to families in need is such a tremendous experience, seeing smiles across the faces of little ones and sighs of relief from the parents. Knowing that we can make a difference and keep Christmas in the homes of our families in need is a great feeling as we celebrate the holidays in our own homes.
With the recent and past struggles in the economy, we have a greater need than ever. Last year we serviced more than 1,600 children in more than 600 homes in Cape Girardeau. We anticipate a continued trend of greater need and fewer donations. Though times are difficult for us all these days, I ask you -- I challenge you -- to reach out and contribute to this project. Make a difference to a child.
There will be boxes going out to locations around town in the next week for toy collection. A list of specific locations will be available in the Southeast Missourian soon. Monetary donations can be dropped off at the Southeast Missourian on Broadway or mailed to: Cape Jaycee Toybox, P.O. Box 4, Cape Girardeau, MO 63702.
Thank you for your continued support for the Toybox. Every year I am amazed at the generosity of our community.
TRACY HAGGERTY, Cape Girardeau Jaycee Toybox Chair