- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
Update on Herzog Stadium
Just an update on the Whitey Herzog Stadium in Jackson. We are in the final stage of construction, which will be completed by March. I would like to thank Whitey ($70,000), the Optimist Club of Jackson ($25,000), the Noon Optimist Club of Jackson ($25,000) and the many people who realize this is a big asset to the youths of Jackson and the surrounding area. The delays we have incurred building this complex are too many to write about or believe. To the people who have contributed financially, I want to thank you personally for your confidence. Without federal, state or local money, we have come a long way, baby.
Donations to the Jackson Area Youth Baseball Association are tax-deductible and should be mailed to: Jack Litzelfelner Sr., 2200 Bent Creek Drive, Jackson, MO 63755.
JACK LITZELFELNER Sr., Jackson