- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Update on Herzog Stadium
Just an update on the Whitey Herzog Stadium in Jackson. We are in the final stage of construction, which will be completed by March. I would like to thank Whitey ($70,000), the Optimist Club of Jackson ($25,000), the Noon Optimist Club of Jackson ($25,000) and the many people who realize this is a big asset to the youths of Jackson and the surrounding area. The delays we have incurred building this complex are too many to write about or believe. To the people who have contributed financially, I want to thank you personally for your confidence. Without federal, state or local money, we have come a long way, baby.
Donations to the Jackson Area Youth Baseball Association are tax-deductible and should be mailed to: Jack Litzelfelner Sr., 2200 Bent Creek Drive, Jackson, MO 63755.
JACK LITZELFELNER Sr., Jackson