- Fake UFC event listing stirs the pot at local Golden Corral (2/10/18)3
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Area restaurants plan for those observing Lent on Valentine's Day (2/12/18)
- Business Notebook: Marco Construction Products offers high-end contractor equipment with personalized service (2/12/18)
Update on Herzog Stadium
Just an update on the Whitey Herzog Stadium in Jackson. We are in the final stage of construction, which will be completed by March. I would like to thank Whitey ($70,000), the Optimist Club of Jackson ($25,000), the Noon Optimist Club of Jackson ($25,000) and the many people who realize this is a big asset to the youths of Jackson and the surrounding area. The delays we have incurred building this complex are too many to write about or believe. To the people who have contributed financially, I want to thank you personally for your confidence. Without federal, state or local money, we have come a long way, baby.
Donations to the Jackson Area Youth Baseball Association are tax-deductible and should be mailed to: Jack Litzelfelner Sr., 2200 Bent Creek Drive, Jackson, MO 63755.
JACK LITZELFELNER Sr., Jackson