- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Cape Girardeau City Council agenda
7 p.m. today
City hall, 401 Independence St.
Study session at 5 p.m.
* Presentation to John Wyman,
* Presentation to the graduates of the Citizens Police Academy,
* A public hearing to consider vacating the city's interest in a sewer line located within the alley which runs from Houck Place to Matteson Terrace Subdivision.
(Second and third readings)
* An ordinance vacating the city's interest in a sanitary sewer easement located in Charleston Estates Subdivision.
* An ordinance vacating an alley running north from Houck Place to Matteson Terrace Subdivision.
* An ordinance granting a special use permit to Steve and Mary LeGrand and BAC Enterprises to construct and operate an apartment building at 514 Amethyst St.
* An ordinance amending the definition of massage shop relating to massage therapists.
* An ordinance authorizing the issuance of special tax bills for the demolition of dangerous buildings.
* An ordinance authorizing the acquisition of property for the improvement of Broadway from Perry Avenue and Houck Place.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Arbor Heights Third Addition.
* An ordinance accepting permanent sanitary sewer easements from various property owners for the relocation of a sanitary sewer at 2536 and 2538 Masters Drive.
* An ordinance accepting a temporary construction easement from AmerenUE for the improvement of Commercial Street.
* An ordinance accepting general warranty deeds and a temporary construction easement from various property owners for the improvement of Broadway between Perry Avenue and Houck Place.
* An ordinance to execute an agreement with the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission for improvements on U.S. 61 from the Cape Girardeau city limits to Interstate 55.
* An ordinance approving placement of a yield sign on Leming Lane at its intersection with Merriwether Street.
* An ordinance vacating a sanitary sewer line located within an alley which runs from Houck Place to Matteson Terrace Subdivision.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of Blattner Drive Fourth West Minor Subdivision.
* An ordinance accepting sanitary sewer, utility and access easements from various property owners for sanitary sewers to serve Whispering Oaks Subdivision and The Meadows of Whispering Oaks Subdivision.
* A resolution directing the city manager to make recommendations to the U.S. Department of Transportation regarding commuter service at the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport.
* A resolution to execute an agreement with Fronabarger Concreters Inc. for the Commercial Street reconstruction project.
* A resolution authorizing the filing of all necessary documents with the Missouri Department of Natural Resources, State Revolving Fund Program for loans under the Missouri Safe Drinking Water Law.
* A resolution to execute a T-hangar rental agreement with Don and Trish Pauley at the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport.
* A resolution adopting the fiscal 2005-2010 capital improvements program.
* Appointment to the Planning and Zoning Commission.
* Appointments to the Historic Preservation Commission.
* Conditional approval of an original package liquor license for Pajco Inc. d/b/a Rhodes 101 Stop, 1620 N. Kingshighway.
* Approval of a temporary 5 percent beer by-the-drink license for the Humane Society of Southeast Missouri for an event to be held April 16 at the Arena Building.
* Approval of a retail liquor by the drink and Sunday sales license for Jerel Lichtenegger, d/b/a Taqueria Fiesta Mexicana, 3049 William St., Suite 115.
* A motion approving the preliminary plat of Orchard Park Subdivision.
* A motion accepting into the city's system the Clark Avenue sewer improvements and authorizing final payment.
* A motion approving the improvement plans for the sanitary sewer serving Coyote Creek Estates Subdivision.