- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Brown - Wire
Dan and Roberta Brown of Jackson announce the engagement of their daughter, Chelsea Brown, to Philip Wire, both of Edwardsville, Ill. He is the son of James and Kathy Wire of St. Louis.
Brown is a 2004 graduate of Jackson High School. She received a bachelor's degree in psychology from Truman State University in 2008, and is a master's candidate in art therapy counseling at Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville.
Wire is a 2004 graduate of Ladue Horton Watkins High School. He received a bachelor's degree in history from Truman in 2008, and a master's in secondary education in 2009. He is co-director of school-age children at the YMCA in Troy, Ill.
A Jan. 2, 2010, wedding is planned at First Presbyterian Church in Jackson.