- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
CASA is Thankful for their Volunteers
CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates of Southeast Missouri, Inc.) held an appreciation dinner at Southeast Missouri Hospital in honor of their volunteers and their dedication to the abused and neglected children of Southeast Missouri. The event included dinner provided by Southeast Missouri Hospital and an awards program. The guest speaker was the Honorable Scott E. Thomsen. Judge Thomsen discussed the role of CASA in the Juvenile Court System and stressed the importance of the information provided by CASA volunteers. Year after year, dedicated citizens come forward to volunteer with CASA and for that, CASA is grateful. Being a CASA volunteer can be demanding and does requires commitment in time and effort. The rewards, though, are significant and often the results have a lifelong impact upon those children. We are truly blessed!
Pictured from left to right:
Standing: L to R Connie Houston, Sybil Walley, Eileen Schlichting, Chris Tourville, Pat Edwards, Linda Reutzel, Julie & Carl Boitnott, Shervana Small, Sue Crossen and Sue Rees. Seated are L to R Sue Traw, Elizabeth "Boots" Jessup, Sheryl Dunavan, Carolyn Pendergrass, Connie Unterreiner, Elaine Jackson, and Jeanine Hager. Those not present: Mary Ambery, Larry Bill, Jan Copeland, Joan Drury, Aaron Horrell, Darlene Jennings, Heather Perreault, Natalie & James Ricks, Melissa Rose, Sara Ryan, Cathy Schroeder, Judy Seabaugh, Phyllis Severs, Pat Sweeney, Chris Tourville, Kerry Wallaert, and Amond Williams.