- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- Cape man wins Scratchers lottery top prize (1/12/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
CASA is Thankful for their Volunteers
CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates of Southeast Missouri, Inc.) held an appreciation dinner at Southeast Missouri Hospital in honor of their volunteers and their dedication to the abused and neglected children of Southeast Missouri. The event included dinner provided by Southeast Missouri Hospital and an awards program. The guest speaker was the Honorable Scott E. Thomsen. Judge Thomsen discussed the role of CASA in the Juvenile Court System and stressed the importance of the information provided by CASA volunteers. Year after year, dedicated citizens come forward to volunteer with CASA and for that, CASA is grateful. Being a CASA volunteer can be demanding and does requires commitment in time and effort. The rewards, though, are significant and often the results have a lifelong impact upon those children. We are truly blessed!
Pictured from left to right:
Standing: L to R Connie Houston, Sybil Walley, Eileen Schlichting, Chris Tourville, Pat Edwards, Linda Reutzel, Julie & Carl Boitnott, Shervana Small, Sue Crossen and Sue Rees. Seated are L to R Sue Traw, Elizabeth "Boots" Jessup, Sheryl Dunavan, Carolyn Pendergrass, Connie Unterreiner, Elaine Jackson, and Jeanine Hager. Those not present: Mary Ambery, Larry Bill, Jan Copeland, Joan Drury, Aaron Horrell, Darlene Jennings, Heather Perreault, Natalie & James Ricks, Melissa Rose, Sara Ryan, Cathy Schroeder, Judy Seabaugh, Phyllis Severs, Pat Sweeney, Chris Tourville, Kerry Wallaert, and Amond Williams.