- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Cramped quarters: April 4 proposition aims to ease crowding in Perry County District Schools (3/23/17)4
CASA is Thankful for their Volunteers
CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates of Southeast Missouri, Inc.) held an appreciation dinner at Southeast Missouri Hospital in honor of their volunteers and their dedication to the abused and neglected children of Southeast Missouri. The event included dinner provided by Southeast Missouri Hospital and an awards program. The guest speaker was the Honorable Scott E. Thomsen. Judge Thomsen discussed the role of CASA in the Juvenile Court System and stressed the importance of the information provided by CASA volunteers. Year after year, dedicated citizens come forward to volunteer with CASA and for that, CASA is grateful. Being a CASA volunteer can be demanding and does requires commitment in time and effort. The rewards, though, are significant and often the results have a lifelong impact upon those children. We are truly blessed!
Pictured from left to right:
Standing: L to R Connie Houston, Sybil Walley, Eileen Schlichting, Chris Tourville, Pat Edwards, Linda Reutzel, Julie & Carl Boitnott, Shervana Small, Sue Crossen and Sue Rees. Seated are L to R Sue Traw, Elizabeth "Boots" Jessup, Sheryl Dunavan, Carolyn Pendergrass, Connie Unterreiner, Elaine Jackson, and Jeanine Hager. Those not present: Mary Ambery, Larry Bill, Jan Copeland, Joan Drury, Aaron Horrell, Darlene Jennings, Heather Perreault, Natalie & James Ricks, Melissa Rose, Sara Ryan, Cathy Schroeder, Judy Seabaugh, Phyllis Severs, Pat Sweeney, Chris Tourville, Kerry Wallaert, and Amond Williams.