- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Two men face charges in Cape prostitution sting (5/28/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
CASA is Thankful for their Volunteers
CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates of Southeast Missouri, Inc.) held an appreciation dinner at Southeast Missouri Hospital in honor of their volunteers and their dedication to the abused and neglected children of Southeast Missouri. The event included dinner provided by Southeast Missouri Hospital and an awards program. The guest speaker was the Honorable Scott E. Thomsen. Judge Thomsen discussed the role of CASA in the Juvenile Court System and stressed the importance of the information provided by CASA volunteers. Year after year, dedicated citizens come forward to volunteer with CASA and for that, CASA is grateful. Being a CASA volunteer can be demanding and does requires commitment in time and effort. The rewards, though, are significant and often the results have a lifelong impact upon those children. We are truly blessed!
Pictured from left to right:
Standing: L to R Connie Houston, Sybil Walley, Eileen Schlichting, Chris Tourville, Pat Edwards, Linda Reutzel, Julie & Carl Boitnott, Shervana Small, Sue Crossen and Sue Rees. Seated are L to R Sue Traw, Elizabeth "Boots" Jessup, Sheryl Dunavan, Carolyn Pendergrass, Connie Unterreiner, Elaine Jackson, and Jeanine Hager. Those not present: Mary Ambery, Larry Bill, Jan Copeland, Joan Drury, Aaron Horrell, Darlene Jennings, Heather Perreault, Natalie & James Ricks, Melissa Rose, Sara Ryan, Cathy Schroeder, Judy Seabaugh, Phyllis Severs, Pat Sweeney, Chris Tourville, Kerry Wallaert, and Amond Williams.