- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Marie Ueleke Trlica, 90, of Spring, Texas, died Nov. 5, 2008, in Spring.
She was born Jan. 25, 1919, in Cape Girardeau, to Albert John and Mary Hartman Ueleke. She and Raymond Trlica were married in 1943.
Trlica attended Cape Girardeau schools and was an active member of Grace United Methodist Church.
The Trlicas moved to Springfield, Mo., in 1952, where they lived more than 50 years.
Her God, family and friends were her passions, and she was happiest when serving others.
Survivors include two daughters, Nancy Trlica Hill and husband Dennis of Kingsland, Texas, Susan Trlica Edmondson and husband Quinn of San Antonio; a sister-in-law, Helen Ueleke of Cape Girardeau; nine grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; several nieces, nephews and cousins.
She was preceded in death by her husband, parents, an infant sister, brothers Milton and Norman Ueleke and a nephew, Bill Ueleke.
A memorial service will be held at 10 a.m. Monday at Zion United Methodist Church in Gordonville.
Addison Funeral Home in Spring was in charge of arrangements.
"... To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord." 2 Corinthians 5:8.