- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ORAN, Mo. -- Neva Mary Vetter, 87, of Oran died Thursday, Nov. 19, 2009, at Advance Nursing Center.
She was born May 19, 1922, at Dutchtown, daughter of Martin and Nellie Miller Fredrick. She and Herman John Vetter were married Dec. 1, 1945.
Neva was a wonderful wife and mother. She was very special to her friends and family.
She was a member of Guardian Angel Catholic Church in Oran and St. Ann Sodality. Neva made many vestments for the priests at various parishes.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Lon R. Vetter of West Plains; two daughters, Shirley J. Owen of Poplar Bluff, Mo., Cindy M. Poole of Jackson; a brother, Russell Fredrick of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Olivia Williams of Chaffee, Mo., and Melva Levy of Millstadt, Ill.; nine grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; two sons, Gary and Daniel Vetter; three sisters; and three brothers.
Visitation will be after 4 p.m. Sunday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran. Parish prayers will be at 5:30 p.m.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Guardian Angel Church, with the Rev. Randy Tochtrop officiating. Burial will be at 2 p.m. Monday at Missouri State Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield.