- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
- Owner of dinosaur relics demands new board of directors, business plan at Bollinger County Museum (10/17/17)
Keep Bloomfield Road scenic, safe
Dear Bloomfield Road (County Road 205) neighbors and any of you who enjoy this scenic drive: Here are a few questions to consider before deciding to support or not support the widening of this road.
Have you ever driven on a wide road that the drivers did not go faster in their cars than on a narrow road?
Do you honestly think a wider road will prevent accidents?
Could it be the careless speed drivers of these cars use ignoring the road conditions?
Have you thought about what will happen to the trees that line this road and make it a scenic drive?
Do you wish to have a naked roadside that will become a speedway?
Won't you have more trouble exiting and entering your street or drive via this speedway?
Please do not support the widening of this road into just another highway used by people in a hurry, and do keep it a scenic drive.
JEANETTE and ANDY JUDEN, Cape Girardeau