- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)3
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)6
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Keep Bloomfield Road scenic, safe
Dear Bloomfield Road (County Road 205) neighbors and any of you who enjoy this scenic drive: Here are a few questions to consider before deciding to support or not support the widening of this road.
Have you ever driven on a wide road that the drivers did not go faster in their cars than on a narrow road?
Do you honestly think a wider road will prevent accidents?
Could it be the careless speed drivers of these cars use ignoring the road conditions?
Have you thought about what will happen to the trees that line this road and make it a scenic drive?
Do you wish to have a naked roadside that will become a speedway?
Won't you have more trouble exiting and entering your street or drive via this speedway?
Please do not support the widening of this road into just another highway used by people in a hurry, and do keep it a scenic drive.
JEANETTE and ANDY JUDEN, Cape Girardeau