- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Jumbo size: Rhodes 101 sets a world record with 15-foot, 4,700 gallon drinking cup (8/21/17)3
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Unions deliver signatures to block right-to-work in Missouri (8/20/17)40
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Keep Bloomfield Road scenic, safe
Dear Bloomfield Road (County Road 205) neighbors and any of you who enjoy this scenic drive: Here are a few questions to consider before deciding to support or not support the widening of this road.
Have you ever driven on a wide road that the drivers did not go faster in their cars than on a narrow road?
Do you honestly think a wider road will prevent accidents?
Could it be the careless speed drivers of these cars use ignoring the road conditions?
Have you thought about what will happen to the trees that line this road and make it a scenic drive?
Do you wish to have a naked roadside that will become a speedway?
Won't you have more trouble exiting and entering your street or drive via this speedway?
Please do not support the widening of this road into just another highway used by people in a hurry, and do keep it a scenic drive.
JEANETTE and ANDY JUDEN, Cape Girardeau