- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Remote Colorado lodge destroyed in weekend blast
PAONIA, Colo. -- Three youngsters were missing and 16 others were injured in a fiery explosion that destroyed a remote mountain lodge, authorities said Sunday.
The three missing, ages 3, 12, and 15, were all from the same family, Delta County Sheriff Fred McKee said.
McKee said the explosion Saturday at the Electric Mountain Lodge may have been caused by propane, which was used for heating.
Because the lodge in the Gunnison National Forest on the western slopes of the Rockies is isolated by heavy snow, helicopters took injured people off the mountain while ground crews used tracked vehicles to ferry emergency medical teams to the site.
The lodge is about 230 miles southwest of Denver.