- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Gerald J. Weisler, 74, of Perryville died Wednesday, Nov. 18, 2009, at his home.
He was born May 11, 1935, at Sereno, Mo., son of Herbert and Cecilia Manche Weisler. He married Jenette Terbrak on June 1, 1957, at Brewer, Mo.
Weisler had been an electrician for Nabisco Corp. in St. Louis. He was a member of Christ the Savior Catholic Church in Brewer.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Army.
Survivors include his wife, Jenette Weisler of Perryville; three sons, Alan Weisler of Perryville, Dale Weisler of Lake of the Ozarks, Mo., Glenn Weisler of De Soto, Mo.; five grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Visitation will be from 5 to 9 p.m. today, and 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Friday at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Friday at the funeral home.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at Christ the Savior Catholic Church, with the Rev. Bill Rhinehart officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery with military honors courtesy of American Legion Post 133 and Delta Team.
Memorials may be made to family choice.