- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Deborah Lynn Brown, 59, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, Nov. 17, 2009, at her home.
She was born May 28, 1950, in Cape Girardeau, to Willie Avery and Ethel Mae Lincoln Mecham. She and Rodger Brown were married Nov. 16, 1968, in Cape Girardeau.
Brown was a member of Lynwood Baptist Church. She was a 1968 graduate of Central High School. She was a bookkeeper for the family business.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Gregory Brown and wife Lisa of Jackson; two daughters, Amy Hodges of Cape Girardeau, Emily Nolen and husband Chris of Cape Girardeau; three sisters, Karen Dodds of Cape Girardeau, Cheryl Merkler of Fruitland, Lisa Burkhart of Cape Girardeau; and three grandchildren, Lindsey and Jeremy Brown and Ian Hodges.
She was preceded in death by her parents and two sisters, Carol Mecham and Margaret Green.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Mark Anderson and Roger Niswonger officiating.
Memorial contributions may be given to American Cancer Society.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.