- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Creta C. Yates, 82 of Jonesboro died Friday, March 18, 2005, at Herrin Hospital at Herrin, Ill.
She was born Jan. 16, 1923, at Anna, Ill., daughter of James and Grace Brown Adams Choate. She and John W. Yates were married July 4, 1941, at Cape Girardeau. He died Sept. 14, 1991. She was a member of Gospel Assembly Church in Anna.
Survivors include three sons, John Yates of Herrin, Bill Yates of Marissa, Ill., Don Yates of Anna; a daughter, Nancy Herren of Louisville, Ky.; a brother, Thomas Adams of Jonesboro; two sisters, Dorotha Ballance of Anna, Ethel Marlow of Bradenton, Fla.; eight grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers, four sisters and a grandson.
Friends may call from 5 to 9 p.m. Monday at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna, and from noon on Tuesday until the funeral hour at Gospel Assembly Church.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the church, with the Revs. Dennis Fitzsimmons and Walter Stevenson officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery.