- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ANNA, Ill. -- Ralph Agusta Johns, 62, of Anna died Monday, Nov. 16, 2009, at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Marion, Ill.
He was born Nov. 28, 1946, in Anna, son of Jesse Marion and Grace Louise Walker Johns.
Ralph is survived by three brothers, Jesse Lee (Kim) Johns of Clinton, Ill., Lonnie Wayne (Linda) Johns of Wolf Lake, Ill., Mark A. Johns of Jonesboro, Ill.; seven sisters, Marion Louise Parmly of Mount Vernon, Ill., Linda Faye (Gary) Faire of Jonesboro, Stella Mae (Rodney) Plott of Anna, Pamla Gay Johns of Cape Girardeau, Patsy Darlene Evans of Jonesboro, Sheila Kay (Edward) Plott and Maxine (Don) Brimm of Anna; many other relatives and friends.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother, Raymond Eugene Johns.
Ralph was a U.S. Army veteran of the Vietnam War. He retired after many years as a heavy equipment operator.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Anna.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Danny Jones officiating. Interment will be in Alto Pass Cemetery with military honors conducted by Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455 in Anna and Marion Military Funeral Honors.
Memorial contributions may be made to Ware Pentecostal Church Fellowship Hall Fund. Envelopes will be available at the funeral home.