- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Tammy Renay Pitts, 46, of Marble Hill died Saturday, Nov. 14, 2009, at her home.
She was born Nov. 15, 1962, in St. Louis, daughter of William Sheril and Bernice Marie Douglas Pitts.
Miss Pitts served her country proudly in the U.S. Army and the U.S. Coast Guard, where she earned a degree in electronics and telecommunications.
Survivors include a son, Patrick O'Rourke of Marble Hill; her mother, Bernice LaFaire of Marble Hill; three brothers, Terry Pitts of Park Hills, Mo., William and Robert Pitts of Holly Pond, Ala.; three half brothers, Johnny Greer of Millersville, Donnie and Mark Greer of Bessville, Mo.; four sisters, Sherry Pitts of Park Hills, Theresa Griffin of St. Louis, Debbie Trudell of Festus, Mo., Lisa Martinez of Kentucky; and a half sister, Marsha Greer of Riverview, Fla.
She was preceded in death by her father; a brother, Jerry Pitts; and a sister, Carla Duncan.
Graveside service with full military honors will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Missouri State Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield, Mo., with John Voyles officiating.
Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill is in charge of arrangements.