- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Faye Looney, 97, of Cape Girardeau passed away Tuesday, Nov. 17, 2009, at Heartland Care and Rehab.
She was born Oct. 12, 1912, on the family farm west of Painton, Mo., daughter of Harry and Ada Dixon McKinnley. Faye and David Lester Looney were united in marriage Sept. 13, 1941, in Cape Girardeau. He preceded her in death in 1978.
Faye was a former beautician.
Survivors include a son, David (Emily) Looney of Goldboro, Maine; a daughter, Sandra Faye Uebele of Yellville, Ark.; a sister, Jessie Cato of Advance, Mo.; two grandsons, Stephen Martin, with whom she made her home, and Jonathan Martin of Holts Summit, Mo.; and a great-granddaughter, Hollie Ainsworth of Parker, Colo.
She was preceded in death by her parents; two sisters, Mildred Willis and Bessie McFerron; and five brothers, Charles, Tommy, John, Carl and Doyle McKinnley.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance. The Rev. Ray Placher will officiate.