- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
Christmas Arts & Crafts Extravaganza This Weekend
Shoppers are sure to find a one-of-a-kind gift for everyone on their list at the 39th Annual Christmas Arts & Crafts Extravaganza this weekend sponsored by the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri.
Nearly 300 artisans and crafters from across the mid-west will fill the Show-Me Center and Osage Centre with their handmade wares this Saturday, Nov. 21 and Sunday, Nov. 22. Craft items include jewelry, pottery, glassware, wood carvings, ornaments, knitwear, clothing, bath & body products and much more!
One $5 pass admits guests to both huge locations throughout the two-day show. Sunday only passes are $3. Proceeds from the show support the Arts Council's year-round programs providing opportunities for children and adults to experience the arts.
"What sets our show apart is the quality of the arts and crafts we feature," said Melissa Miller, executive director of the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri. "All our vendors go through a strict application process to verify that every item for sale is uniquely handmade."
The Christmas Arts & Crafts Extravaganza also features many members of the Best of Missouri Hands, the state's most elite group of crafters & artisans.
Show hours are Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more information, please call 573-334-9233 or visit www.CapeArts.org.
The Arts Council of Southeast Missouri is located at 32 N. Main Street in Cape Girardeau, Mo. Gallery hours are Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. This 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization was founded in 1961 by metalsmith Otto F. Dingeldein, to encourage artistic awareness, participation, and expression. By showcasing the arts we hope to stimulate the exchange of new ideas and build a shared sense of community. Find us online at www.CapeArts.org, www.Facebook.com/CapeArts or www.Twitter.com/CapeArts.