- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)26
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)8
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Life Care Center of Cape Girardeau Halloween party filled with fun
On Oct. 30, 2009, residents at Life Care Center of Cape Girardeau, Mo., participated in a Halloween party.
"Halloween is so much fun," said Christy Farrow, admissions and marketing director. "What other day can you dress up as someone else?"
The assisted living dining room was used for the food, which included nachos, hot dogs, popcorn and chili. The main dining room was the scene of the party.
Alex Bruce, activities assistant, danced with residents. Patty Garnett, activities director, was the master of ceremonies for the costume contest. Resident Betty Vanpool and her grandson Kyle won first place for their flapper and gangster outfits, with resident Louise Burbach as a hippie coming in second and Joseph and Zelma McNew winning third for their king and queen costumes.
"My grandson picked out the costumes, and we won first place!" said Vanpool. "We got a ribbon and a picture."
Other awards were also given out to the residents. Thelma Sullivan won Funniest Costume for her Supergirl outfit. Best Halloween Costume went to Amy Squires, who dressed as a gypsy. Scariest Costume went to Mary Blackmon as a devil, and Most Original went to Carolyn Stidham as a '50s girl.
A game of Halloween bingo completed the event.