- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Life Care Center of Cape Girardeau Halloween party filled with fun
On Oct. 30, 2009, residents at Life Care Center of Cape Girardeau, Mo., participated in a Halloween party.
"Halloween is so much fun," said Christy Farrow, admissions and marketing director. "What other day can you dress up as someone else?"
The assisted living dining room was used for the food, which included nachos, hot dogs, popcorn and chili. The main dining room was the scene of the party.
Alex Bruce, activities assistant, danced with residents. Patty Garnett, activities director, was the master of ceremonies for the costume contest. Resident Betty Vanpool and her grandson Kyle won first place for their flapper and gangster outfits, with resident Louise Burbach as a hippie coming in second and Joseph and Zelma McNew winning third for their king and queen costumes.
"My grandson picked out the costumes, and we won first place!" said Vanpool. "We got a ribbon and a picture."
Other awards were also given out to the residents. Thelma Sullivan won Funniest Costume for her Supergirl outfit. Best Halloween Costume went to Amy Squires, who dressed as a gypsy. Scariest Costume went to Mary Blackmon as a devil, and Most Original went to Carolyn Stidham as a '50s girl.
A game of Halloween bingo completed the event.