- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ADVANCE, Mo. -- James "Bud" Spears, 71, of Advance died Thursday, March 17, 2005, at his home.
He was born Feb. 26, 1934, at Hahn, Mo., son of William and Willie Blake Spears. He and Virginia O'Neal were married June 25, 1957, at Dexter, Mo.
Spears was a retired electrician. He was a charter member of Advance Eagles and past member of the Masonic Lodge.
He served in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Keith Spears of Advance; three daughters, Karen Legrand of Oran, Mo., Kimberly Morrill of Advance, Katrina Sutton of Chaffee, Mo.; two sisters, Rose Thrower of Jackson, Joyce Jones of Arnold, Mo.; 11 grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a grandchild, a brother and two sisters.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kenneth Lambert officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park.