- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
ADVANCE, Mo. -- James "Bud" Spears, 71, of Advance died Thursday, March 17, 2005, at his home.
He was born Feb. 26, 1934, at Hahn, Mo., son of William and Willie Blake Spears. He and Virginia O'Neal were married June 25, 1957, at Dexter, Mo.
Spears was a retired electrician. He was a charter member of Advance Eagles and past member of the Masonic Lodge.
He served in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Keith Spears of Advance; three daughters, Karen Legrand of Oran, Mo., Kimberly Morrill of Advance, Katrina Sutton of Chaffee, Mo.; two sisters, Rose Thrower of Jackson, Joyce Jones of Arnold, Mo.; 11 grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a grandchild, a brother and two sisters.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kenneth Lambert officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park.