- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Walter A. Wills, 75, of Perryville died Friday, March 18, 2005, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born May 4, 1929, in Arriba, Colo., son of Roy and Esther E. Hohlfeld Wills. He and Dorothy Steffens were married July 8, 1951.
Wills farmed 10 years with his father, worked many years at Steffens' Water Conditioning, was maintenance supervisor of Perryville Cheese Co., and distributed the St. Louis Post-Dispatch in Perry County. After retiring he maintained the grounds of Immanuel Lutheran Cemetery. He was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church.
He and his wife spent winter months in South Texas and volunteered at the Rio Grande Spanish Bible Institute.
Survivors include his wife; five sons, Allen Wills of Cape Girardeau, Curt Wills of Perryville, David Wills of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., Charles Wills of Cedar Hill, Mo., Bruce Wills of San Antonio, Texas; his mother of Perryville; three brothers, Dale, Vernon and Herman Wills, all of Perryville; 10 grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his father and a child.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. today at Immanuel Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Christopher Cole officiating. Burial will be in Immanuel Cemetery.
Young and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.