- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Eileen L. Cattoor, 87, of Perryville died Tuesday, Nov. 10, 2009, at Independence Care Center of Perry County.
She was born Nov. 30, 1921, in Perry County, Mo., daughter of Leon and Mary Sutterer Hoffman. She married Harry A. Cattoor Oct. 5, 1940. He preceded her in death Aug. 11, 1994.
Survivors include a daughter, Judy (Jim) Cashion of Festus, Mo.; three sons, H. Richard (Nancy) Cattoor of Festus, David (Cheri) Cattoor of Arvada, Colo., Dennis (Pam) Cattoor of Perryville; a daughter-in-law, Elta Cattoor of Hazelwood, Mo.; 15 grandchildren; 24 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
Mrs. Cattoor was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, Knights of Columbus Auxiliary, VFW Auxiliary and American Legion Auxiliary.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; a son, Thomas Cattoor; two brothers, Leroy and Glennon Hoffman; four sisters, Hilda Merideth, Ethel Baer, Lucille Hayden and Helen Blanc.
Visitation will be from 4 to 9 p.m. today and from 6:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday at Young and Sons Funeral Home. The Catholic wake will be at 7 tonight, followed by the VFW Auxiliary wake at 7:15. The rosary will be recited at 11:30 a.m. Saturday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. Milton Ryan officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.
Memorial preference to St. Vincent schools, church, or Masses.