- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
MORLEY, Mo. -- Ernie Robert Jones, 85, of Morley died Tuesday, March 15, 2005, at his home.
He was born May 19, 1919, in Dover, Ark., son of Charlie and Clemmie Boze Jones. He and Odessa Beatrice Miller were married Dec. 7, 1940, at Benton, Mo.
Jones was a farmer and formerly worked on electrical line construction. He was a member of Hooe Baptist Church, and a former member of International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 702.
He was a corporal in the U.S. Army Air Corps during World War II.
Survivors include three sons, David Jones of Morley, Albert Jones of West Plains, Mo., Brian Jones of Surgoinsville, Tenn.; two daughters, Peggy Davis of Dexter, Mo., Linda Rhein of Mountain Home, Ark.; a brother, Frank Jones of Bell City, Mo.; three sisters, Ollie Sindle of Dexter, Neva Harris of Washington, Ill., Imogene Harris of Gilbertsville, Ky.; 18 grandchildren; 19 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-granddaughter.
He was preceded in death by a son and two brothers.
Friends may call at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Revs. Quinton Davis and Delbert Bishop officiating. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery.