- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
MORLEY, Mo. -- Ernie Robert Jones, 85, of Morley died Tuesday, March 15, 2005, at his home.
He was born May 19, 1919, in Dover, Ark., son of Charlie and Clemmie Boze Jones. He and Odessa Beatrice Miller were married Dec. 7, 1940, at Benton, Mo.
Jones was a farmer and formerly worked on electrical line construction. He was a member of Hooe Baptist Church, and a former member of International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 702.
He was a corporal in the U.S. Army Air Corps during World War II.
Survivors include three sons, David Jones of Morley, Albert Jones of West Plains, Mo., Brian Jones of Surgoinsville, Tenn.; two daughters, Peggy Davis of Dexter, Mo., Linda Rhein of Mountain Home, Ark.; a brother, Frank Jones of Bell City, Mo.; three sisters, Ollie Sindle of Dexter, Neva Harris of Washington, Ill., Imogene Harris of Gilbertsville, Ky.; 18 grandchildren; 19 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-granddaughter.
He was preceded in death by a son and two brothers.
Friends may call at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Revs. Quinton Davis and Delbert Bishop officiating. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery.