- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Jackson man injured after vehicle overturns
PERRYVILLE, Mo. - A Jackson man was injured Tuesday when his 1995 Saturn SL2 overturned on Interstate 55.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol said that at 6:33 a.m. the Saturn driven by Travis P. Dickerson, 21, was traveling northbound on the interstate when the vehicle traveled off the left side of the roadway.
The Saturn then over corrected, traveled back on the roadway and onto the median, causing the vehicle to overturn.
Dickerson was taken by ambulance to Perry County Memorial Hospital, where he was treated for moderate injuries. He was wearing his seat belt at the time of the accident, the highway patrol said.