- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Wednesday apartment fire now considered arson
A Wednesday morning fire that damaged a Cape Girardeau apartment is now considered arson.
Sgt. Jason Selzer of the Cape Girardeau Police Department said an investigation continues into a fire that moderately damaged a fourth floor apartment at 45 S. West End Blvd. around 6:15 a.m. Wednesday. No suspects are in custody.
The fire occurred inside apartment No. 411, though smoke from inside the building spread to other nearby apartments.
No one was inside the apartment at the time of the fire, which was contained by 6:45 a.m.
45 S. West End Blvd., Cape Girardeau, MO