- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Blanche Maxine McDonald, 83, of Anna, formerly of Sikeston, Mo., died Wednesday, Nov. 4, 2009, at City Care Center of Anna.
She was born Sept. 2, 1926, in Scott County, Mo., to the late Ellis Kessner and Wrista Lou Fulkerson Alcorn. She and Lester McDonald were married July 8, 1944, in Piggott, Ark. He preceded her in death.
Survivors include a son, Michael D. McDonald and friend Charay Brewer of Anna; two daughters and sons-in-law, Sheila Ann and Aubrey Michael of Lake Park, Ga., Tammy Sue and Richard Webb of Adell, Ga.; a brother, C.D. Alcorn of Morley, Mo.; five grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; and many nieces, nephews and friends.
She was preceded in death by three brothers, Delmar, Dale and Darrell Alcorn; and two sisters, Ruth Chaney and Gladys Kindred.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel in Sikeston.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Austin Maxwell officiating. Burial will be in Forest Hills Memorial Gardens near Morley.